GFetchnews - a graphical newsfetcher
Here is the answer: GFetchnews is a graphical news retrieving (and posting) program. No command line options are needed, all is done from the GUI.
- As a new Linux user who migrated from Windows you wonder how you can read UseNet News offline?
- You heard something about "local news server" and don't know how to set it up? Or it don't make sense for you?
- Using command line tools for news retrieving are too complicated?
- Downloading of news articles in a buffer file which is in the popular mbox format. You can use one of
many availabe mbox capable mail readers (e.g. mutt) to read the news.
- posts news froma spool directory
- easy GUI driven configuration
- Graphical newsgroup subscription
Since version 0.2 GFetchnews is written in pascal. For compilation
is required, as well as the gtk and inet units.
Subscription of newsgroups